Only registered Changemaker students will be accepted into the After School Care program.
We ask that you confirm the days you will be attending at the start of each week or each morning by e-mailing Ms.Joanne and Ms.Megan Berling.
Children who have not been picked up from school by 3:45pm on any day without having a pre-purchased pass, will automatically be charged the daily fee of $25 regardless of number of days in a week or month the service is used.
Please note that we are an After School Care Club and not a licensed childcare. Therefore, charitable tax receipts are not available and childcare related grants are not applicable. (There is a significant cost and time-commitment to become a licensed childcare facility which would increase both our rates and group size).
Collection of Child(ren)
- Children must be collected no later than 5:30pm each day.
- A late fee of $1 per minute from 5:30 pm onwards will be charged.
Attendance and Sign-In
Children will be signed in by school staff members every day they are in attendance at the Calgary Changemaker School After Care Program.
Parents/caregivers must sign their child out every time they pick up their child. If someone other than the parent or emergency contacts on file with the school will be picking up your child, we will require written notice and permission.
Sick children will not be permitted to attend After School Care.
The After Care supervisor should be notified of absences via e-mail or phone on any day a child will not be attending. Days off are built into the unlimited pass rates and there will be no refunds for any reason.
Fees are payable within 7 days of invoices being issued. The Calgary Changemaker School reserves the right to charge interest on overdue invoices. There are no refunds for missed days.
The After School Care Program reserves the right to deny or cancel acceptance to children whose behaviour threatens the safety, wellbeing or health of others. All major incidents will be reported to the Head of School. All school expectations and school code of conduct (found on handbooks page) apply to After School Care students.
The After School Care Program must be advised of any change in contact information, custody arrangements or medical details promptly along with any necessary documentation.
Parents/caregivers should ensure that their child(ren) know when they are to be attending After School Care and to inform the school when they will be or will not be attending where possible.
If necessary, the Manager may arrange for urgent medical attention for the child(ren), the cost of which is to be met by the Parents/Caregivers.
PIPA (Personal Information Privacy Act)
Personal information relating to the children in After School Care will not be made available to anyone except the parents or legal guardians and will only be accessible to authorized staff members.
- The After School Care Program endeavors at all times to provide a safe and secure environment. Neither The After School Care Program nor the staff employed by The Calgary Changemaker School accept personal liability for any act of omission arising from any activity of any session.
- The After School Care Program reserves the right to change any of the programming and activities based on the needs, energy levels and interests of the children in care.
- If your child(ren) damages any property belonging to The Calgary Changemaker School, you may be charged for the cost of repairing or replacing that property or for any related insurance excess.
- This is a binding agreement between The Calgary Changemaker School After Care Program and the parents or guardians of the child(ren) enrolled.
- By enrolling your child you have read and understood the programme and the information provided and hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions detailed above.